The difference between zinc alloy and aluminum alloy die-casting
1. The material price of zinc alloy and aluminum alloy is close, and if the structure and die casting process allow, of course, it is also cost-effective to use aluminum alloy. The specific gravity of zinc alloy is about 2.5 times the aluminum alloy, and the price is quite, so the material cost zinc alloy is two or three times more than aluminum alloy.
2. Many companies now want to use aluminum alloys to replace zinc alloys in order to save costs, but some cannot be replaced because the strength, hardness and molding performance of zinc alloys is much better than aluminum alloy. If your product is polished, it is necessary to polish the plating, and it is required to have a high appearance quality, then there is no zinc alloy.
3. Aluminum alloy material is difficult to achieve high surface quality requirements, because the aluminum alloy die-casting performance is poor, and there is a lot of air holes in the surface of the article, and the surface quality is very poor after electroplating.
4. The performance of zinc alloy die-casting is better, the advantages are more, the zinc alloy has a low melting point, small coagulation temperature ranges, easy to fill molding, small pumping, can die-casting, precision parts, and the surface of the casting surface, smooth, High dimensional accuracy; low casting temperature, long mold life, not easy to stick, no corrosion mold. Moreover, the normal temperature of the zinc alloy is also high, especially the pressure and wear resistance, the zinc alloy die can be well received, such as electroplating, spraying, painting, etc.
5. The most serious disadvantages of zinc alloy are aging phenomena, large volume rise, decrease in strength, and the time is too long, which leads to deformation of the die castings and even fragmented, which is the main reason for the use of zinc alloys.
6. Aluminum alloys are much better in terms of zinc alloys, with good die casting properties, conductive properties, and thermal conductivity, and the cutting performance is also good. The disadvantage is also more obvious, the alloy of the aluminum silicon series is easy to stick, corrosive for metal crucibles, larger shrinkage, and easily produce a shrinkage. At the same time, it is also because they have different effects on the mold, so in general, the mold prices used by zinc alloy and aluminum alloy die-castings will be different. Zinc alloy die is not easy to stick, no corrosion mold, so the mold price of zinc alloy die is also It will be cheaper, while aluminum alloy die casting is because of the cylindrical mold, the mold price required is relatively high.