Diamond grinding and polishing methods and skills:
(1) This kind of polishing must be carried out as far as possible under lighter pressure, especially when polishing pre-hardened steel parts and polishing with fine grinding paste.When polishing with #8000 paste, the usual load is 100 to 200g/cm2, but it is difficult to maintain the accuracy of this load.To make this easier, make a thin, narrow handle on a piece of wood, such as a piece of copper.Or cut a piece of bamboo to make it softer.This helps to control the polishing pressure to ensure that the die surface pressure is not too high.
(2) when using diamond grinding and polishing, not only the working surface is required to be clean, workers' hands must also be carefully cleaned.
(3) each polishing time should not be too long, the shorter the time, the better the effect.If the polishing process is carried out too long it will cause "orange peel" and "pitting".
(4) In order to obtain high quality polishing effect, polishing methods and tools that are easy to heat should be avoided.For example: polishing wheel polishing, the heat generated by polishing wheel can easily cause "orange peel".
(5) when the polishing process stops, it is very important to ensure that the workpiece surface is clean and carefully remove all abrasives and lubricants, and then a layer of mold antirust coating should be sprayed on the surface.