Specification for parting surface design of plastic molds:
1. The design principle of parting surface is to purchase
flat parting surface perpendicular to the direction of die opening, second
inclined surface, second step surface, curved surface and 3D curved surface
parting as far as possible.
2. If the parting surface can not be parallel to the
direction of die opening, the inclination Angle should not be less than 3゜.
3. In the case of parting surface and curved surface, it is
conventional to do extension, and can not be extended to do mesh surface, sweep
surface connecting, generally do 10~15MM sealant and then do plane connecting
4. When the parting surface is a curved surface, 30~50MM is
taken for the large die, and 20~25MM is taken for the small die as the sealing
position. The plane is taken behind the surface to avoid the air and the aspect
5. When the side of the cavity needs to do the skin grain,
the parting surface should not be extended to prevent the crossing of the
boundary when the skin grain is done, which causes the parting surface to have
burr and is not easy to improve.
6. When opening exhaust groove on parting surface: the
sealant position is reserved for 2~3MM, the exhaust groove can be opened, the
spacing is controlled within 50~100MM, and the exhaust groove is set on the
side of the mother die as far as possible.
7. When the square hole and the round hole need to be broken,
it should be left on the side of the mother mold as soon as possible to
facilitate the leather grain.
8. When the product faces the plug and seal adhesive, the
Angle is only 1゜, the
zero degree positioning block on the die frame can not play a role, and a
suitable positioning block needs to be designed near the plug and seal.
9. The mold positioning style should be consistent with the
tiger style. If both sides of the mold locking are parallel, the mold will